
This is one of those entries that was supposed to happen back at the start of summer; back when I thought Toy Story 3 Mania was at its peak around our house. The
paraphernalia had been out for months in anticipation of the June 18 opening.
June 18 was also J's last day of Kindergarten. I decided to go with an all TS3 theme for his celebration. I bought him a shirt; got up early to get the tickets for his and Daddy's movie date that evening; and because I couldn't find the perfect TS card, made him one.
My mom sent him TS2 a week or so earlier, and after watching it to his heart's content, he was ready to tackle the 3-D experience.

Summer got off to a good start and quickly other things to blog about upstaged the Toy Story story. The kids were still interested, but I figured I'd throw it into the "To Scrap" file and get to it in about 10 years.
But those toys -- oh, those toys. They're nonstop, those toys.
They're gigantic with expanding wings and a voice...

They're medium-sized and they're tiny.

And they're everywhere! On any given day at any given time, no matter how many times I pick them up, one will always show up again.

I told this to D the other day and he said the folks over at Pixar must be onto something. He's making a believer out of me. Now, if only the same folks over at Pixar would make a toy that cleaned house or did laundry while I'm not looking.....
M's caught the bug too. She calls anything Toy Story Bize (Buzz), except for Jesse, who is Sesy. She has a soft Buzz; a Buzz cup, which is the only cup worthy of her milk; the Alien (A-Yen) pictured above is hers; and although she has her own t-shirt, an adorable pink one with Jesse on it, she prefers to wear her brother's.

School starts next week. We've checked off all the items on the supply list. And it looks like we'll be joined by the same friends we started summer with.

In addition to all that he's also coerced me to buy him a new t-shirt as part of his back-to-school gear. M did too ~ and she ain't going nowhere!
Those toys -- oh, those toys.
I'll be picking them up To Infinity and Beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment