This has been the scene at Northwest Asthma and Allergy for the last four years.
Last week was especially annoying. The office moved to a new location even more north, and it was raining especially hard. I thought we left with enough time, but it turns out that even Seattlites can't handle more than a constant drizzle. About 30 minutes before our scheduled appointment, when I saw the sign reading that Seattle was still 40 minutes away, I decided to give them a call. The receptionist was quick to want to reschedule my appointment because she didn't think I'd make it there even with the 15 minute grace period they allow. I told her that if I didn't make it, there would be no need for me to reschedule because I wouldn't be coming back, but that until then, I'd be hauling ass up I-5.
We made it with one minute to spare. The usual routine followed except that this time around there was no visible sign of allergy! It made the weaving in and out of traffic worth it.
I can't say that her allergy has been a big burden on us. She could eat baked egg and more recently Caesar dressing and mayonnaise, and if anybody tries to feed her "just and egg" she'll tell them where they can shove it. So, see, all our bases are pretty much covered, but it is nice to have that whole ordeal be a thing of the past.
Not that she'll be indulging in omelets anytime soon. She told me that she won't try an egg until she's 8. I have other plans. The doctor wants us to do a taste test and I'm willing to be she won't refuse French toast!
No comments:
Post a Comment