It's been some time since my last entry. Between my lack of time and my anal-ness about the format of the last one, I've hesitated to write in here. I couldn't possibly publish my last post until I had it formatted so it' wasn't such an eyesore. Then I realized that nobody reads this anyway except for Lacy, my inspiration to blog, and she may actually be able to help w/the problem.
Besides, the kids are too adorable to stall any longer. J & M are so cute together. They have somewhat of a love/hate relationship. Each morning he gets up and asks me, "Can we go see what the Beauty Queen is up to?" once we do, he asks, "Can we chill with M on the bed for a little while?" We usually just all sit on the bed for a couple of minutes and they roll around, scream, tackle, and laugh. She loves it -- for a while -- then she turns her back and crawls over to me. That's pretty much the template for their relationship.
He loves to hang out with her, but then he's yelling in her face and scaring her a moment later. She sees him and smiles, yells, crawls over to him, climbs on him, and then she's done. She's recently started to kiss him over and over, though she does it to D and me as well.
Yesterday morning she got hold of a little i-Pod he got in a Happy Meal, she found the button and when the music came on, she started doing what she does best: dancing...she kept pushing the button and dancing some more. I joined in and the next thing we knew the three of us were dancing and laughing in his room. Priceless good times.
About a month ago, he was jumping around and talking to himself under his breath and I caught the phrase, "I'm so happy I have a sister." I asked him about it and he 'fessed up to saying it. That's so cute! Today, he's said, "I love you" a couple of times. This time when I inquired, he said he was talking to M.
After four years of being an only child, he has really adjusted well to sharing his parents, his space, and his life with another little person. I'm so proud of him. I really believe that he's happy to have a sister; and though she may not know it yet, one day she'll be very happy to have such a wonderful brother.
And me, I'm so happy to have these kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment