I think babies' butts are cute: so soft and dimply -- not a good trait on an adult -- so when I call a kid "butt", I'm certainly not being mean. On the contrary, it's a term of endearment that I save for a select few.
A is the OG Boot. We started out with butt and it evolved from there to booty and then boot. C came next, followed by RII and LM. Although those two don't really know it because I wasn't there to torment them with the name, they will always be "Boots" in my heart.
By 2004 I finally had my own Boot. My little J. I don't call him that too much these days, but I called him that for years. I have a weird way of saying it that sounds kind of like "Boo -ut." Every once in a while I still call him Butt, and I'm sure he'll put a halt to that very soon. M is also now part of the exclusive "Boot Club." She's the "Boot"-y Queen. The etymology on that one is different from the others, but in the end, "It's all about the butt."
Both D and I love shoes but this isn't about footwear at all. Our perfect pair of boots wasn't made by any designer -- no Ferragamo or Nike. It's a creation all our own -- our bootyful children: J and M.
No comments:
Post a Comment