Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tea-rrific!


The Birthday Girl was up early and asked to listen to
Call Me Maybe on YouTube.
Then it was off to school where a celebration ensued: Oreo Cookies with strawberry filling.

Because no birthday would be complete without a trip to the mall, that's where we went. 
We tried on Ugg Boots 


and hats. 

We had lunch and headed home.
The night before, Daddy asked here where she wanted to go for her birthday dinner. 
Because we were heading to Tacoma anyway, he suggested Buffalo Wild Wings, among other things.
Because she's her daddy's girl, she chose BWW without hesitation.

Because no birthday would be complete without a second trip to the mall,
and because she's her mommy's girl, we went to Nordstrom.
We bought her birthday present ~ some boots.
(She's weird that way...always has been....Toys or Fashion??? Fashion, of course!)

Because I love to take a family picture at every birthday,
and because there was nobody to take it, we took our own:


It's awful quality. And I'm convinced we are all more attractive than the picture shows.

Once at home, there really was somebody more attractive waiting for her:


She's been eyeing this cake every time we go to Safeway.


She was a happy girl.


And a tired one too.
As we speak she is snug in her bed; another birthday under her belt.
Partying can be exhausting, especially when you started five days ago.
Her party was last Saturday. 
All of my attempts at having it at the pumpkin patch were dismissed during the summer when I was ready to book the place.
She wanted a home party.We consulted with Daddy who swore off another after her princess one last year. 
I suggested a small tea party with a few friends. He complied. She was thrilled.
And the preparations began.
We decided early on it would be a Girls-Only event.
It was so much fun....both the planning and the day itself.
We had finger sandwiches and veggies; a story, a game, a photo booth, a candy bar,
and, of course, tea!


The moms had a nice afternoon relaxing and chatting.
It was quiet. Way more quiet than I'm used to at a party.
And then the boys came home. 

I can't believe our little girl is four!

No comments:

Post a Comment