Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just When...

Just When






I got serious about turning our backyard into a respectable place to hang out






The sun decided to make an appearance after almost 9 months of being MIA






My steno machine was about to see the light of day in almost three years






I decided to pull out a paint brush and add some color to our house






Olympia got a Trader Joe's, an REI, and a Chipotle, and Target a makeover,






That's when the Government decided to do some restructuring ~ some restructuring that carries with it a big possibility that we won't be here past 2013.

When we arrived almost four years ago, we had no expectations that we'd retire here, but more and more we throw it around, and to say that I've given up all hope to move back to California would be a flat out lie. But we always thought we'd have a choice; we figured the decision would be ours to make.

Things are still at their very preliminary stages and changing daily. I know that we'll be fine no matter what happens and where we end up.

And while the employees at the Department of Agriculture may be hanging onto every word the suits in DC have to say. I"ll be keeping my sights closer to home - in this Washington, the "other" Washington; namely, Olympia. Because I can guarantee that if and when ground breaks for a Nordstrom at our mall, the moving trucks won't be far behind the construction ones.






No comments:

Post a Comment