I didn't think today's little outing would be "blogworthy."
I'm not real sure what inspires the topics I blog about, but I'm really sure that the,
"Hi, my name is Pati and we went to Gig Harbor today," variety is not it.
But, nevertheless, here I am.
D had gone for a business meeting a couple of weeks ago
and mentioned in passing that we ought to take a drive out there one of these day. So today after the sun came out in mid-afternoon we did just that.
It turned out to be a charming little town with your garden variety waterfront shops: ice cream and pizza parlors, candy stores, souvenir shops.
I had my camera with me so I snapped a few shots.
As the kids and I waited for him to return, I looked over to a planter that I was standing by and noticed a square-shaped something in a plastic bag that I thought was a package of cocktail napkins somebody had "taken" from the adjacent shop and then thought better of it and discarded of them there.
When I picked it up I noticed it was a little canvas. I turned it around and it read:
Congratulations !!!!
To you: FREE
We hope you will enjoy your free piece of art!
This piece of Feel Good Free Art is given to you by the signed artist; just to
make your day a little brighter.
It then went on to give a web address and asked that you let them know how you felt
about your find.
I did so right when I got home and wrote that, frankly, it made my day and that I talked my husband's ear off about it most of our drive back to Oly.
I called it "A Great Gig in Gig Harbor!"
And I'm sticking to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment