Thursday, November 19, 2009

Little Dude, Big Pimpin'

Let me start by saying that when we say "pimping" we don't use it in its literal meaning, ours is more of the slang definition which means to look cool, act cool, or anything that makes you stand out above the rest in a particular arena.....now that the housekeeping is done, I'll get to the story.

Anybody that knows D knows that he's a cool guy who is always in pursuit of situations and/or things --material or otherwise -- that will contribute to make him or his surroundings "fresh, smooth, or pimping." From his clothes to his golf swing and especially his sneakers. Ever since J was small D would go out and buy him things to put him in one of the aforementioned categories.

He likes to joke that I treat M like a doll that I like to play dress up with, but he's the exact same way, not only with J but with M now too. The other day when he had her by himself he dressed her up in an adorable Nike getup that he bought for her. He put boots on her feet and a ribbon in her hair off he went into the streets of Olympia in search of props about his daughter. He was pretty much "pimping" out his little girl in return for compliments.

So, it should come as no surprise that with all of this fresh-smooth-pimping attitude, J was going to inherit a little bit of it himself.

Fast forward to yesterday....when we got home from Baby Gym, for some reason J's Mickey Mouse shirt came off w/ his jacket leaving him with only black sweats and a black T-shirt. As the time neared to go to school I told him to put on his MM shirt over the black one, which begs the question: Why, so I can look like a pimp?

And there you have it....fashion tips from the Pimp Style Guru himself. When in doubt, just add a Mickey Mouse shirt and instantly your day will get a lot more interesting.

Carry On.

1 comment:

  1. so cute! And I totally get accused of dressing the girls up as dolls also! I am diggin the mickey shirt. B has a Minnie one. Are they meant for each other or what? lol

    ReplyDelete